My Education
My Weekends
My Religion
My Information
My Guilty Pleasure
My Role Model
 
For Your Eyes
For Your Ears
For Your Palate
For Your Touch
For Your Gag Reflex
For The Love of God
 
 

Monday, April 21, 2003

I had a dream that I was on a small boat in the middle of an ocean, with that salt smell in the oppressively humid air. I imagine it must have been the Carribean - I have a propensity not to dream of places I haven't been before - since it was so warm. There was a mast with no sail, but the dinghy seemed to be moving anyway, and the moon hung wearily just on the edge of the horizon. The dream ended when the moon sunk beyond the rim of the ocean and the stars, one by one, winked out of the sky, but the sun didn't come to replace them, and there I was with nothing but a swirling breeze and an oak-planked boat with one too many barnacles.

I have never felt so alone in my whole life, yet the most striking feature of the dream was and is that I have never had such a comforting thought.

cranked out at 3:02 AM | |

 
template © elementopia 2003
Chicken and/or Waffles
 
Be Objective
Be Qualitative
Be Mindless
Be Heartless
Be Confused
Be Aware
 
Gawker
The Lounge
Appellate Blog