My Education
My Weekends
My Religion
My Information
My Guilty Pleasure
My Role Model
 
For Your Eyes
For Your Ears
For Your Palate
For Your Touch
For Your Gag Reflex
For The Love of God
 
 

Saturday, January 03, 2004

New Years: Resolutions

New years has come and gone, and in the aftermath of my hedonistic self-destruction I’ve been neglecting the finer things in life – like sitting in my room and senselessly typing falsely angsty diatribes to an audience who isn’t listening. Things I have not been neglecting include the unsubtle war I’m waging against my body and the expansion of my literary territory beyond four authors. It’s more with this latter consideration in mind that I briefly flirted with the idea of coming up with some New Years Resolutions™ for myself. The problem, of course, is that every year I make some resolution which I break within a matter of days (or, in the case of my ‘be a vegetarian’ resolution of 2002, hours). There is also the typical problem that I hate using specific dates for some arbitrary purpose – if my life needed to alter its course or I needed to drop about ten pounds, it seems at least a little stupid to wait until a new calendar date. So I’ve come up with something which I believe skirts both of these problems. For 2004, my resolution is to eat at Noodles & Co. at least once a month and! to use one of those punch cards which gets you a free bowl of pasta after ten visits. I only hope I can stay the course.

cranked out at 8:53 PM | |

 
template © elementopia 2003
Chicken and/or Waffles
 
Be Objective
Be Qualitative
Be Mindless
Be Heartless
Be Confused
Be Aware
 
Gawker
The Lounge
Appellate Blog