My Education
My Weekends
My Religion
My Information
My Guilty Pleasure
My Role Model
 
For Your Eyes
For Your Ears
For Your Palate
For Your Touch
For Your Gag Reflex
For The Love of God
 
 

Monday, February 02, 2004

Superbowl XXXVIII

I lost money on the superbowl. That ragtag group I thought was composed completely of pushovers went to show that they, in fact, can keep a game with the Patriots close, if not actually beat them. I was overwhelmed by the performance of one person specifically, and I'll get to that in a second, but I want to congratulate the champions of yesterday's superbowl:


"We're #1!"


Now, I realize interest in The Game has been waning for the past few years - and this year was slated to be an all-out trench war, with very low scoring. I understand that. But is that really a reason to pretty much openly rig the game? The Patriots were straight up mugged of a turnover when a certain pass was ruled "incomplete" after the reciever got both hands on it, tucked it, turned to run, and was hit for what should have been ruled a fumble. Or when they called a touchdown not a touchdown, despite it clearly being so. Or any of the number of other highly questionable calls the officials made when the game stopped being close.

Oh, and a special "fuck you" shoutout to the New England defensive coordinator. "Hey! 3rd and 10, they haven't been able to get a play off. That's unfair. Hey, I know, since it's an obvious passing down, let's blitz and throw man coverage! That way, they should be able to get at LEAST the first down!" I know I'm being that type who comments on bad plays after a game? But come fucking on. Anyone who's played Madden and is an obsessive blitzer (::cough::) should know what a bad idea that is. It's very simple, and yet there was a complete failure to understand such a simple concept.

And it cost me money.

Next year, when you're scripting the Superbowl? Please do us all a favor and don't script it for the bookies. Bookies kill children.

cranked out at 10:59 AM | |

 
template © elementopia 2003
Chicken and/or Waffles
 
Be Objective
Be Qualitative
Be Mindless
Be Heartless
Be Confused
Be Aware
 
Gawker
The Lounge
Appellate Blog