My Education
My Weekends
My Religion
My Information
My Guilty Pleasure
My Role Model
 
For Your Eyes
For Your Ears
For Your Palate
For Your Touch
For Your Gag Reflex
For The Love of God
 
 

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Atkins RULES

Tonight, while watching the Suns/Spurs game, my friends and I had a dream. A dream of nachos. But not just any nachos - the greatest nachos ever made by man. After viewing our masterpiece, I felt the need to share it with the world. So follow these directions:

Ingredients:
1 pound Andalucia sausage
1 pound thick-sliced bacon
1/2 pound steak
1 jar jalapeno peppers
1 pound cheddar cheese
1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese
1 white onion
1 bag low carb tortilla chips
1 jar salsa

1) Fry the bacon in a pan, and after crispy, cook sausage in the grease left over in pan from bacon. Slice sausage and bacon into small pieces.
2) Grill steak. We used a Foreman grill, though concurrances all around suggested that grilling in another medium would have yielded superior taste. Cut into small pieces.
3) Dice onion.
4) Grate cheese (all of it). Mix the cheddar and jack cheese in a bowl.
5) In a large pan (preferably one that you would use for broiling a turkey), line with tin foil, and lay down a bed of chips. Cover chips with roughly 1/6 of cheese. Cover cheese with 1/3 of each of jalapenos, sausage, bacon, steak and onions. Cover this with 1/6 of cheese.
6) Repeat step 5 two more times.
7) Put in preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, or until the concoction is melted.
8) Place salsa in bowl, and enjoy!

Goes particularly well with beer and, as we later discovered, ice cream (vanilla.)

Approximate number of calories: 7723/serving.
Grams of carbohydrates per serving: Roughly 30g (this jumps considerably if using regular tortilla chips.)

To recap:
These nachos cost about $18 to make. But as you eat and feel like you're going to explode, you can always say to yourself: I am on a diet. The Atkins diet. So it must be good for me. And that, my friends, is priceless.


Before


After

cranked out at 3:03 AM | |

 
template © elementopia 2003
Chicken and/or Waffles
 
Be Objective
Be Qualitative
Be Mindless
Be Heartless
Be Confused
Be Aware
 
Gawker
The Lounge
Appellate Blog