Tonight, while watching the Suns/Spurs game, my friends and I had a dream. A dream of nachos. But not just any nachos - the greatest nachos ever made by man. After viewing our masterpiece, I felt the need to share it with the world. So follow these directions:
1 pound Andalucia sausage
1 pound thick-sliced bacon
1/2 pound steak
1 jar jalapeno peppers
1 pound cheddar cheese
1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese
1 white onion
1 bag low carb tortilla chips
1 jar salsa
1) Fry the bacon in a pan, and after crispy, cook sausage in the grease left over in pan from bacon. Slice sausage and bacon into small pieces.
2) Grill steak. We used a Foreman grill, though concurrances all around suggested that grilling in another medium would have yielded superior taste. Cut into small pieces.
3) Dice onion.
4) Grate cheese (all of it). Mix the cheddar and jack cheese in a bowl.
5) In a large pan (preferably one that you would use for broiling a turkey), line with tin foil, and lay down a bed of chips. Cover chips with roughly 1/6 of cheese. Cover cheese with 1/3 of each of jalapenos, sausage, bacon, steak and onions. Cover this with 1/6 of cheese.
6) Repeat step 5 two more times.
7) Put in preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, or until the concoction is melted.
8) Place salsa in bowl, and enjoy!
Goes particularly well with beer and, as we later discovered, ice cream (vanilla.)
Approximate number of calories: 7723/serving.
Grams of carbohydrates per serving: Roughly 30g (this jumps considerably if using regular tortilla chips.)
These nachos cost about $18 to make. But as you eat and feel like you're going to explode, you can always say to yourself: I am on a diet. The Atkins diet. So it must be good for me. And that, my friends, is priceless.
cranked out at 3:03 AM | |
|template © elementopia 2003|