My Education
My Weekends
My Religion
My Information
My Guilty Pleasure
My Role Model
 
For Your Eyes
For Your Ears
For Your Palate
For Your Touch
For Your Gag Reflex
For The Love of God
 
 

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Indy is not a sport, either

Fat guy bitching that a girl doesn't weigh as much as him.

First, I'm pretty sure this is more proof that racing is not a sport.

But second, if what he's saying is true, then all that means is that teams should start using jockeys instead of big moustachiod drivers. But that would take away the one advantage NASCAR/Indy/Drag racing has over real sports: that it presents the image to mostly uneducated southern white men that they could, in theory, participate in the sport. Football doesn't really have that - no normal person looks at a 300 pound linebacker who's 6'7" and thinks "Hey, what does he have that I don't?" But you can look at Jeff Gordon or Dale Earnhardt (before he turned into a cinder) and see that they were drunken hicks - just like you!

cranked out at 9:37 PM | |

 
template © elementopia 2003
Chicken and/or Waffles
 
Be Objective
Be Qualitative
Be Mindless
Be Heartless
Be Confused
Be Aware
 
Gawker
The Lounge
Appellate Blog